Monday, October 4, 2010

What a Weekend

So my friday started off great, the Blue Train killed Inglemoor and I got to spend the evening with my entire family and friends. Had the best time!!!! Football is great therapy for me it is one of the few times in a week I forget that I am sick. I get so wrapped up in the game I just have fun:)
Saturday started out okay and ended with a trip to the ER. I just felt so sick and weak I could not get up or move. It was horrible!!! The ER experience was the worst :( First off they could not access my port a cath. Which until you have one you can not understand how painful it is to mess with. After two times of the nurse trying to access it and still not having success, I still was being understanding. I started not being understanding when I was so dehydrated and my heartrate was 125 and they still were not doing anything. Finally they figured if I hold down the IV port they could get fluids in me. There was only one problem with that, every time I moved or breathed the fluids would stop and the alarms would go off. Finally I told them that was not going to work and to call someone from oncology to come and access my port. While im waiting for oncology to come down they come and tell they screwed up my lab work and need to take blood again. Since they can not access my port because they are stupid, I allow them to poke my arm. The  nurse complains she can not find a vein because I am so dehydrated. REALLY? Anyways all ends well , My labs are good and I get to come home. Just the flu. Sorry for the bitch seesion but I feel better LOL.....

1 comment:

  1. Girl you are so much stronger than me. I tell them they get one shot and then they have to call nuclear medicine of get old Nurse Hatchet to come access the vein. I hate needles! Sorry you had such a struggle simply for the flu, but i guess having all those other complications doesn't make the flu simple. I hope you recover enough to travel comfortably this week. See you in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete